Innovation helps move your business forward. As we continue to serve as a model for health care around the world, your employees—and your business—can rely on us for new ways to stay healthy.
Your employees can take charge of their health by using My Health Manager—a collection of online tools on kp.org that can be used any time to:
- Schedule appointments
- Email their doctor's office
- Refill prescriptions
- Check lab results
- View visit information
- Act for a family member
With Kaiser Permanente, you can be confident that you’ve chosen a health care partner who's committed to clinical research, advancing patient care technology and developing tools to help small businesses manage costs.
- Sharing research with leading organizations — Our research departments work with these groups and others to improve the future of health care: the National Cancer Institute, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.
- Innovative care improvement — Fast Company magazine recognized Kaiser Permanente as one of the "World’s Most Innovative Companies" in health care in 2010 for launching one of the largest electronic medical record pilot programs in the country and for our research on telemedicine and Wii™-based exercise programs.2
- Changing the conversation — Our Center for Total Health is dedicated to advancing the way we talk about health in this country. Located in the heart of Washington, D.C., it illustrates how our technology-enabled care delivery and culture of innovation shapes health in the future.
We're constantly investing in state-of-the-art technologies and world-class facilities. Telemedicine, robotics, solar panels, and PVC-free carpeting are just some of the ways we're building a sustainable future.
- Telemedicine1 brings the doctor's office to your workforce — To reduce patient wait times, offer faster treatment, and avoid secondary specialty appointments, our physicians use video to conduct virtual consultations with $0 copay. Kaiser Permanente doctors now conduct more than 20 million telehealth appointments with members every year.2
- Industry-leading online tools3 — While many members still visit their doctors in an office, more than half of our members access
next-generationcare that is both convenient and cost-efficient. Whether it's emailing a doctor's office through an online health record or visiting a retail clinic, members can use sophisticated telehealth options to maintain their health.4
Our research is bringing new knowledge to areas such as genetics, nursing science, men’s health, allergy and asthma, bipolar disorder, and HIV. And because our care is integrated, we can deliver those innovations to your employees faster than any other health plan.
- Driving health care research — We have more than 1,347 scientists and staff who conduct approximately 2,000 studies and publish about 1,140 peer-reviewed articles per year, making us one of the largest research organizations outside of university systems.1
- Partners with national organizations — With our database of more than 10 million members,2 we’re able to partner with national institutes to perform research on an unparalleled scale.
- Large-scale learning — We spent almost a decade studying hundreds of thousands of members in our California region with hypertension, sharing data and refining our treatment along the way. During that time, we nearly doubled the percentage of Northern California members whose blood pressure was at healthy levels—from less than 44% to 80%.3
- Working to cure cancer — Our Research Program on Genes, Environment, and Health, one of the largest studies of its kind, was awarded 22 grants by the National Institutes of Health that totaled more than $54 million. It could lead to more effective treatments and/or cures for diseases like cancer or diabetes, and more personalized health care delivery.4
- Email your doctor’s office — We studied more than 35,000 members with diabetes, hypertension, or both and found that those who communicated with their doctors via email had higher screening rates and better health outcomes in blood sugar, cholesterol, and blood pressure control than those who didn’t.5
Let's talk about finding a low rate for your business.
Request a quote855-595-6355
Or please fill in the form below and our representative will contact you.